Want a simple way to make sure you are getting some of the essential cancer prevention foods into your diet? Here’s a quick list of 10 Super Foods and Drinks to help keep your body healthy and cancer free. We also included some ideas on how to use these foods to make your cancer prevention diet interesting!
- Cruciferous Vegetables – use these green crunchy veggies as the stars of a chinese stir fry! Toss in some honey and soy sauce and you’re set to go!
- Globe Artichoke – roast them and quarter them for a pizza, chop them up and dump on a salad or into your favorite spinach artichoke dip recipe.
- Dark Greens & Veggies – Spinach and Beets can make a great salad! Top with some chicken and feta cheese for lots of flavor.
- Grapes & Red Wine – Pluck some from the vine and pour yourself a glas! Doesn’t get easier than that.
- Legumes – Beans are a great start to a Mexican fiesta! Saute black beans with chopped tomatoes, cumin, chili pepper and onions for a flavorful burrito.
- Berries – Blueberries are delicious when you mix them in with your favorite yogurt or put them on top of your morning cereal.
- Flaxseed – Take flaxseed oil supplements or use flaxseed meal in lieu of flower for low carb baked goods.
- Garlic, Onions and Leeks – Who doesn’t love garlic? You can toss this master ingredient into almost any meal, just make sure you cook it at least a little bit otherwise it will be too bitter.
- Green Tea – A great substitute for coffee, just bring your own tea bag to the office and heat up some water.
- Tomatoes – They go in everything! In salads, on sandwiches, you can even hollow them out and stuff them. Make your own pasta sauce using tomato sauce, paste and diced tomatoes.
Which Super Food are you going to try today? Leave a comment and let us know.